Thursday, September 4, 2008

Home Improvements -- Welcome to Hell

As promised, here are some photos of the wallpaper removal project.

I don't have any before pics with the room fully intact. The rug and remaining furniture disappeared, thanks to my husband and brother, before I remembered to get the camera.

This is the best before I've got.
.



Fugly layers of paper.



Hell.


All that horrid paper is now gone. It took 2-1/2 twelve-hour days to make it so. Now I get to bag the mess and start washing walls. I'm glad I left the carpet pad down to protect the hardwood floor underneath. Scrubbing off old sticking paper from the floor would have been no fun at all. Once, is enough.

Home Improvements Part One -- Deadlines
Part 2 Home Improvements -- Day 3
Part 4 Home Improvements -- Hell has Left the Building
Part 5 Home Improvements -- Creative Issues
Part 6 Home Improvements -- Woe is the Floor
Part 7 Home Improvements -- Floor Update
Part 8 Home Improvements -- Finally Done

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I must say Eclectic that the before picture looks a lot better than it actually was. It almost looks as if you were nuts to have tackled that job, but you and I both know better.