Saturday, September 18, 2010

Late Night Sweet Tooth

The other evening, my sweet tooth went into overdrive. No cake, no pie, no ice cream, not even a cookie would the kitchen offer up. We were in the middle of watching a movie, so I had to come up with something quick. A spin of the lazy susan offered up left over chocolate bars. Gosh, not even some old stale pudding mix was hiding in there.

So chocolate it was going to be, I just wasn't in the mood for nibbling on a bar. Hmm.

Hot chocolate was my answer.

I wanted an exact amount, so I filled one coffee mug with milk, and the other with half and half. Poured both into a sauce pan and turned on the heat.

I took what was left of the Green & Black's Mayan Gold chocolate (about half) and put it into the milk. To that I added 1/3 of a bar of Green & Black's 70% dark. A dash or three of cayenne pepper (it stimulates the taste buds) a dash of pink salt and cane sugar to taste. When the chocolate was melted, I poured it back into the mugs.

Oh, was that yummy. The Mayan Gold gave the hot chocolate just a touch of spicy orange.

Best of all, it was done in no time.

Serve it with a spoon. All that chocolate goodness sinks to the bottom of the cup.